These terms and conditions set out the terms on which you may use the website as a registered user.
2.Using our website
We will take reasonable steps to ensure the website is available for you to use 24 hours every day. However, there will be times when we need to interrupt service to perform maintenance. Where we do interrupt service, we will take reasonable steps to tell you in advance and to minimise the time the website is unavailable for use. You are responsible for making all necessary arrangements for you to access the website. Please let us know as soon as possible if you experience any failure, delay or error while using the website.
3.Content of the website
Zurich International Life Limited (Zurich) own the content of the website and are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website. These include copyright in the graphic images, buttons, layout and text and are protected by copyright law.
You may not copy, share or distribute the content on the website without our prior written consent other than for the agreed intended use. Zurich trademarks contained in the website are trademarks which belong to Zurich or companies within the Zurich Group. You may not use such trademarks without our prior written consent. Other products and company names reproduced on our website may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
We may create a link for you to access another website that we believe may be of interest to you. Such links are provided for your information only. If you access another website that is not operated by a member of the Zurich Group, we are not responsible to you for the content of that other website.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the website is free from malicious software such as viruses. However, we cannot guarantee this and do not accept responsibility for any consequences that may arise from malicious software where these consequences are not within our reasonable control.
You are responsible for complying with these website terms and conditions. In particular, you must:
- let us know as soon as possible if you experience any failure, delay or error while using the website, especially in sending or receiving instructions
- take reasonable steps to ensure that any computer you use to access the website is secure and free from malicious software
If you share a computer with someone else or use a public computer, you must log-out when you have finished using the website to ensure any information you typed in is erased from the computer's memory.
We will operate and maintain the website in line with these terms and conditions.
We will exercise due care and diligence in managing the website.
We may be unable to perform our obligations under these terms and conditions where events occur that are beyond our reasonable control. These events include, but are not limited to:
- riot, civil unrest, military action or terrorism
- fire, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, epidemic or other natural disaster
- strikes, lockouts or other industrial action
- unforeseen restrictions imposed by legislation, regulation of other government initiative that are not the result of our misconduct
- any cyber-attack on our IT Systems
- any failure in transport networks or other utilities such as power, telecommunications networks or water leading to unavoidable disruption
- any other event or circumstance that we are unable, using reasonable skill and care, to avoid. Where an event beyond our reasonable control occurs and you are being, have been, or are likely to be disadvantaged as a result, we will let you know as soon as we can, whenever possible.
We will not be liable to you for any losses you may incur if you breach these terms and conditions We will take reasonable steps to ensure the website is available for you to use 24 hours every day and will minimise the time the website is unavailable for use due to planned maintenance.
We will not be liable to you for any losses you may incur if you cannot access the website due to reasons which are not within our control. Such reasons include the inefficiency or unsuitability of your computer or internet equipment, interruption to your internet connection or other disruption to your telecommunication services.
While we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy, correctness and completeness of the information contained on the website, we take no warranty or representation to this effect, whether express or implied.
We give no assurances about the accuracy, functionality or performance of any third party software that may be used in connection with the website. We do not accept liability for issues that arise from you using a computer, such as viruses and we will not be liable to you for any resulting loss. We are not liable for any losses you incur because of your fraudulent activity or negligence.
8. Investment tools and calculators
To help you choose the products and investment strategies that are right for your circumstances, we have made some planning tools available on the website.
We have designed these tools to help and guide you to make your own investment decisions. We do not intend these to be a substitute for financial advice.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you put into these tools is accurate and is a true reflection of your personal circumstance. We do not accept any responsibility for any decisions you make based on the information you put into these tools.
9. Changes to these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions.